Goodwill is a mission-driven organization, which means we never lose sight of the people we serve or the power of work. We also understand that strong businesses succeed because they value their employees.
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Description: The Utility Worker - Soiled Laundry performs tasks with soiled linen products in preparation for the wash process; and performs tasks including machine operation, involved in the preparation, processing, and delivery of linen products to customers.
This is a second shift position. *Shift rotation includes weekends*
1. Ability to read, write and perform basic math functions.
2. Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy.
1. Must be able to stand or be stationary for eight or more hours.
2. Ability to lift 40 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing 500 pounds.
3. Must have good hand dexterity to unload, separate, and sort on a continuous basis.
4. Must be able to observe product and linen appearance so that specific standards are met.
5. Ability to work in a hot and humid environment. Protective equipment may be required.
6. Performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue.
Location: Great Lakes, IL
Description: Our Food Service Managers are responsible for implementing strategy for the day-to-day activities of the Galley ensuring annual goals, compliance and financial targets are met or exceeded. Oversees daily operations, direct staff and ensures implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs. Maintains operating budget and manages expenses. Communicates budgetary performance. Typically works on projects and initiatives that span 1-2 years and focuses on the creation of systems, processes and programs.
REQUIREMENTS:1. Associates Degree or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 3 years’ managerial experience or 7 years total experience.
Location: Oak Creek, IL
Description: This position will be located at an off-site facility in Oak Creek.
Hours: 7:00AM- 3:30PM
Implements strategies to achieve the goals for the organization and E-cycle operations. Sustains policies, procedures and programs. Typically works on projects and tasks that span 3 – 12 months.
1. Project and Change Management: Effectively plans and manages own work to reliably complete routine job responsibilities and special assignments. Periodically serves as a team member or subject matter expert on formal or department projects. Effectively engages in change affecting her/him, communicating appropriately with supervisor. Follows through on learning, skill building, and practice necessary to adapt to change.
2. Problem Solving: General supervision, regular review of work by manager or senior coworker. May be paired with senior team member for development purposes. Uses skills to solve problems of routine complexity; able to identify root cause, interpret data, and resolve issues.
3. Technical Skills: Fundamental knowledge of professional principles and skills. Works in compliance with established procedures.
4. Community Engagement: Serves as an ambassador for Goodwill in the wider community. Participates in volunteer opportunities as schedules and interest permit.
5. Monitor workers on site during production activities to ensure adherence to throughput standards.
6. Ensure that products and goods manufactured meets set quality standards. Assists in the organization and setup of new projects.
7. Responsible for quality audits, documenting results and reporting errors to management.
8. Coordinates details of schedule and evaluates activities against said schedule. Assists management in tracking attendance and other objectives.
9. Trains, instructs and motivates E-cycle Techs and temporary workers in production procedures and processes.
10. Reports performance and personnel problems. Assists with retraining, coaching and/or corrective action issues for Production Techs, employees and temporary workforce.
REQUIREMENTS:1. Two years of college education or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 1 year experience.
Want to see more Goodwill career opportunities? Search all available jobs now!
MILWAUKEE, WI (South)
t: (414) 847-2905
t: (262) 833-1600
t: (224) 321-5700
MILWAUKEE, WI (Northwest)
t: (414) 847-2905